Teaching Youth the Virtues for a Christlike Life
In the beginning days of America, our Founding Fathers built this country on powerful and sound principles. These principles can be seen most clearly in our history. It is in this history that we can see how our God works in our world. The 9-12 Project (alternatively called 9/12 Project, 912 Project) was a group created by American television and radio personality Glenn Beck. It was launched on March 13, 2009, an episode of Glenn Beck’s talk show on Fox News Channel. A website was launched to promote the project. It spread throughout the United States. The purpose of the project was to rekindle the unity felt after September 11, 2001. It was a time when there were no red states, blue states, or political parties. We were united as Americans, standing together to protect the virtues and principles of the greatest nation ever created. The nine Principles and twelve Virtues represented the same principles and virtues shared by the Founding Fathers of the United States in 1776.
First, come biblical definitions of America’s virtues. What does our God really think about each? Next are biblical examples, stories, and people of the Bible, that exemplified those virtues. There are also American Revolutionary examples. Examples of people, places, and events that defined the messages of our Founding Fathers. Finally, there is my State of Florida. It is Lostpine.com’s home state. We hope that anyone not in Florida can adapt this program to fit their own location. We searched for people and events locally that supported the virtues defined herein. In each section, local historical sites, museums, and attractions were listed to provide a “living experience” for all those who choose to use this program.
It is not a class, not a vacation Bible School, not even a simple series of experiences. It is a set of suggested resources that will immerse youth into the Word of God, our country’s history, and Florida’s state history (or their own State). It is the author’s hope that this is but a cornerstone to involving our future citizenry and securing our nation’s future. [Download additional Resources: Raising the Next Generation to Believe in God]
This program is dedicated to these nine principles and the virtues in life that support them:
- America is inherently good.
- People should believe in God and place Him as the foundation of their life.
- The pursuit of honesty is a lifelong pursuit, always striving to be a better person.
- The family is sacred. The mother and father are the ultimate authority, not the government.
- If you break the law, you must be held accountable. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
- Everyone has a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
- Hard work brings success and with success, God asks you to be charitable and share with those you choose to share with. The Government cannot force you to be charitable.
- It is not un-American to disagree with authority or to share an opinion that may differ.
- The government works for the people. People do not answer to the government.
The virtues addressed in this program are the original twelve plus two additional virtues.
Just click on the VIRTUE NAME to find a Biblical Definition of the Virtue’s meaning, a Biblical example, a historical example/story, and a historical example and/or story from Florida’s history.
The Theological Virtues
Other Key Virtues
- Hard work
- Personal Responsibility
- And the Greatest of these is LOVE [this has been added to bring the entire list into focus]
Ideas on Implementation