There are many great quotes that are sent to me where the is unknown. This section is dedicated to those anonymous intellects that have provided wisdom without recognition. If you read one of these and can connect them to the , please email the information to Lostpine.
“Somewhere there’s someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence a life that’s worthwhile.
So when you are lonely remember it’s true:
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you.”
“Measure wealth not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.”
“Experience is what you get when you do not get what you want.”
“There is no failure. Only feedback.”
“Failure is the path of least persistence.”
“He was going to be all that a mortal could be–tomorrow.
No one would be kinder or braver than he–tomorrow.
A friend who was troubled and weary he knew,
Who’d be glad of a lift and who needed it too;
On him he would call and see what he could do–tomorrow.
Each morning he’d stack up the letters he’d write–tomorrow.
And thought of the folks he would fill with delight–tomorrow.
It was too bad, indeed, he was busy today,
and hadn’t a minute to stop on his way,
“More time I will have to give others,” he’d say–tomorrow.
The greatest of workers he would have been–tomorrow.
The world would have known him, had he ever seen–tomorrow.
But the fact is, he died, and he faded from view,
And all that he left here, when living was through,
Was a mountain of things he intended to do…
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside of me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.”
“One is evil: He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other is good: He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. This same fight is going inside you — and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply answered, “The one you feed.”
Found by my father’s bed stand:
No one ever gets out of this world alive. Resolve, therefore, to maintain a sense of values.
Take care of yourself. Good health is everyone’s major source of wealth. Without it, happiness is virtually impossible.
Resolve to be cheerful and helpful. People will repay in kind.
Avoid zealots. They are generally humorless.
Resolve to listen more and talk less. No one ever learns anything by talking.
Be wary of giving advice. Wise men don’t need it, and fools won’t heed it.
Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
Do not equate money with success. The world abounds with big money makers who are miserable failures as human beings. What counts most about success is how a person achieves it.
Ten Rules for Living
1. Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.
2. So why is a car’s windshield so large and the rear view mirror so small? Because our past is not as important as our future. So, look ahead and move on.
3. Friendship is like a book. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
4. All things in life are temporary. If it’s going well, enjoy it, that won’t last long. If it’s going badly, don’t worry, that won’t last long either.
5. Old friends are gold! New friends are diamond! If you get a diamond, don’t forget the gold! Because to hold a diamond, you always need a base of gold!
6. Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!”
7. When God solves your problems, you have faith in His abilities; when God doesn’t solve your problems, He has faith in your abilities.
8. A blind person asked St. Anthony, “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?” He replied, “Yes, losing your vision!”
9. When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them; sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10. Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace .
Anonymous Greek Proverb
Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Meaning of Life
Once a wise man was asked what is the meaning of life?
He replied …..
Life has no meaning, life is an opportunity to create a meaning.